Do you want to study pharmacy at the graduate level? Do you have a passion for research? The Faculty of Pharmacy offers a number of graduate programs centred on professional development or research expertise.
A quality education
• Personalized programs of study and supervision by internationally renowned researchers working to solve serious health issues
• High-calibre education centred on innovative research combined with unique access to a wide range of exciting courses
• Internationally renowned bilingual research teams and courses taught in English
• Academic support within a people-oriented faculty that cares about its students and has a sizable proportion of international students (38%)
• Instruction and research excellence on par with top-tier schools around the world
A quality environment
• Instruction in multidisciplinary research centres boasting the latest high-tech equipment and ranked among the best in the French-speaking world
• Exposure to the scientific wealth of Université Laval and its world-class affiliated research centres
Affiliated research centres:
• Université Laval: The biggest French-language university campus in North America offering a multidisciplinary learning environment and a safe campus—a pioneer in sustainable development providing students with a full range of services
Graduate studies in pharmaceutical sciences (fundamental, clinical, and population health components) for acquiring and developing cutting-edge knowledge and skills centred on the development, creation, and use of medications and on the identification of new pharmaceutical targets. Get to know our research supervisors:
Université Laval and the Faculty of Pharmacy offer competitive, flexible, and substantial funding so students can focus entirely on their education.
About 40% of enrolled students have scholarships from external organizations. The majority of students receive some kind of funding:
– Direct scholarships
– Scholarships awarded by their supervisor (usually between $15,000 and $25,000 per year)
– Funding in exchange for teaching a course offered by the faculty
Students can also apply for additional support through the Plan for Success offered by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (FESP) (MSc: up to $1,500; PhD: up to $10,750)
Click here to learn more about scholarships and financial aid
The cost of tuition and room and board in Québec City
Tuition fees at Université Laval
Québec City offers a high quality of life in a safe environment, all at a relatively low cost.
You’ll develop the professional skills you need to enter the job market. The statistics speak for themselves: 84% of graduates in 2017 found a job in their field.
Graduates of our pharmaceutical sciences programs work in a broad range of fields and settings, including academic research, the pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology, regulatory agencies, public service, business, intellectual property, publishing, journalism, science outreach, and education.
1 – To apply for admission to a master’s or PhD program in pharmaceutical sciences, future students should first refer to the list of topics to find a research supervisor and then send their potential supervisor the following documents:
2 – Once they’ve been accepted by a supervisor, future students can apply for admission through the Registrar’s Office.
Master’s in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Master’s in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Pharmacoepidemiology
PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences
PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Pharmacoepidemiology
(In French only)
This program is for pharmacists who want to work in a hospital. The specialized program lasts four semesters (16 months) and will teach you how to promote and ensure the proper and most effective use of medications in a healthcare facility.
This transition program helps pharmacist practitioners with a Bachelor’s in Pharmacy from Université Laval or Université de Montréal earn the title Doctor of Pharmacy by stacking their qualifications once they’ve earned their Advanced Graduate Diploma (DESS) in Frontline Pharmaceutical Practice.
(In French only)
This program is for pharmacists whose goal is to own or manage a pharmacy. During the 12-credit course you’ll learn everything you need to know as you study the principles and techniques of all aspects of managing a community pharmacy in compliance with the professional, ethical, and legal requirements.
(In French only)
This short program is designed for people who work or want to work in the pharmaceutical industry, in biotechnology, or for a research company. Consider it a valuable addition to your professional education or a way to learn more about the various stages in the development of pharmaceutical products.
This short program is for professionals who are members in good standing of Ordre des pharmaciens du Québec and who want to learn more about pharmacotherapy specifically for outpatients.
(In French only)
Developed in cooperation with the Faculty of Business Administration, this specialized program will teach you the valuable skills you need to tackle key issues in pharmaceutical management. You’ll also learn the basics of business administration.