A quality education
• Personalized programs of study and supervision by internationally renowned researchers working to solve serious health issues
• High-calibre education centred on innovative research combined with unique access to a wide range of exciting courses
• Internationally renowned bilingual research teams and courses taught in English
• Academic support within a people-oriented faculty that cares about its students and has a sizable proportion of international students (38%)
• Instruction and research excellence on par with top-tier schools around the world
A quality environment
• Instruction in multidisciplinary research centres boasting the latest high-tech equipment and ranked among the best in the French-speaking world
• Exposure to the scientific wealth of Université Laval and its world-class affiliated research centres
Affiliated research centres:
• Université Laval: The biggest French-language university campus in North America offering a multidisciplinary learning environment and a safe campus—a pioneer in sustainable development providing students with a full range of services
Graduate studies in pharmaceutical sciences (fundamental, clinical, and population health components) for acquiring and developing cutting-edge knowledge and skills centred on the development, creation, and use of medications and on the identification of new pharmaceutical targets. Get to know our research supervisors:
Université Laval and the Faculty of Pharmacy offer competitive, flexible, and substantial funding so students can focus entirely on their education.
About 40% of enrolled students have scholarships from external organizations. The majority of students receive some kind of funding:
– Direct scholarships
– Scholarships awarded by their supervisor (usually between $15,000 and $25,000 per year)
– Funding in exchange for teaching a course offered by the faculty
Students can also apply for additional support through the Plan for Success offered by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (FESP) (MSc: up to $1,500; PhD: up to $10,750)
Click here to learn more about scholarships and financial aid
The cost of tuition and room and board in Québec City
Tuition fees at Université Laval
Québec City offers a high quality of life in a safe environment, all at a relatively low cost.
You’ll develop the professional skills you need to enter the job market. The statistics speak for themselves: 84% of graduates in 2017 found a job in their field.
Graduates of our pharmaceutical sciences programs work in a broad range of fields and settings, including academic research, the pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology, regulatory agencies, public service, business, intellectual property, publishing, journalism, science outreach, and education.
1 – To apply for admission to a master’s or PhD program in pharmaceutical sciences, future students should first refer to the list of topics to find a research supervisor and then send their potential supervisor the following documents:
2 – Once they’ve been accepted by a supervisor, future students can apply for admission through the Registrar’s Office.
Master’s in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Master’s in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Pharmacoepidemiology
PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences
PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Pharmacoepidemiology